Wednesday, January 20, 2010

so i lied...

...i am too deep in a current client project to tend to my loyal followers...all 6 of yous! ha!

I am hopeful after a couple of high pressure deadlines get met this week that I will be able to come up for air and reconnect, but in the meantime, I am liking what Craig Settles has to say in his analysis of the NoFAs which I am linking here! His detailed plan of action tackling your Round 2 application is EXCELLENT! CHECK It out here!

In response to his question on whether satellites should get remaining stimulus money in the end if communities are still unserved after all the awards are given out, I remind him and everyone out there that some terrain just cannot be penetrated. I mean if Osama Bin Laden can send a message in the mountains of Afghanistan and Pakistan using satellite why can't Molly Pocket in boondocks West Virginia. If satellite is the only means of getting broadband access (even if it isn't the best way), so be it and I say better some access than no access.

I also agree with Settles' last assessment in one of his posts:
Those of you in the middle of Round 1 who haven’t been called in for due diligence? You may want to consider packing it in and looking at NOFA 2. Since the rules and requirements have been streamlined in some important areas, you may not be looking at that much work to prepare a new application. Besides, your original proposal’s still on the table and you could get that last-minute call.
I say the new NoFAs appear less convoluted than the first one and time should be spent re-crafting the old Round 1 apps into a cleaner, crisper and more responsive application. I agree it couldn't hurt. You've already have your knees, feet and hands deep in all this stuff, might as well stay the course. Good luck!



also...

By now, you know that I was quick on the draw again with another prediction, this time alerting the Tweeps of today's announcement of new grants awards.

Also, the way the grants were announced also confirms another past prediction -- that most future announcements will not be done with the same fanfare as the initial awards. Also, as I also predicted (based on the buzz in my ear), the NTIA & RUS's with their separate NoFAs and announcements, have indeed divorced. I guess counseling didn't work.

I foresee a new career as a Broadband Soothsayer in my future. Hahahaha! I crack myself up!

No comments:

Post a Comment