Sunday, January 3, 2010

back at it!

Happy New Year all!

Are we ready to get back into the swing of broadband stimulus funding watching? All has been quiet on the war front as of late, no?

I know I for one am eager to return to work, though I may have a few more items on my plate that may prohibit me from being the pesky agitator that I have grown to become and love becoming as of late.

On tap this week:

1. Wait patiently (which is not long for me) for a response to my queries before the holidays, then follow up with a phone call for some answers.

After then, I hope to have some insight or clues as to when to expect the next round of announcements. As usual, I am sure to share with the few of you who come to visit me occasionally.

2. Continue to scour for a good summary of the RFI comments. I am sure some associate(s) at some big AMLAW 100 firm have put one together. Now getting my grips on one is another story, altogether.

I am willing to exchange some wicked PowerPoint presentations about various Broadband Stimulus related stuff in exchange for a good summary I can post here. Any takers? Consider this my unsolicited offer for a fair trade.

3. Continue to engage the high level policy thinkers and makers I come in contact with for some additional clues on the status of this rollout

4. Sleep. Eat. Repeat.

That's all folks!

Oh and another thing, who else has started to get inquiries and solicitations from investors? I know most people have been getting pitches from manufacturers, installers and service subcontractors and support companies, but as of late, I've learned that some hedge funds, private equity folks and investment brokers have been reaching out to applicants --not just winners.

Isn't that interesting...

1 comment: