Monday, December 28, 2009

out of the mouth of babes

I spotted this comment to an article in PC World by my new buddy, reporter Grant Gross (it was a reprint of the IDG article, Government Broadband Project to Compete with Existing Service.)

Little 14 year old melindaann13 commented in reply to this quote in the article,

"It doesn't sound reasonable that a competitor would get tax dollars to compete".

She wrote in response:

It doesn't sound reasonable for Windstream to be fighting new services when they aren't willing to improve the existing services themselves.

If they are really as good as they think they are then they should not be so worried about new competition.

Their services don't even begin to meet my needs, and I'm only a 14 year old 8th grader.

I'm going to take today to be naive and open and believe that this really was a 14 year old kid, probably the daughter of a consumer attorney! Sounds as inquisitive and percocious as my 8 year old policy savvy kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment